Lamplighter Ministries International and Lamplighter Publishing is a non-denominational ministry. We believe without any doubt all things contained in Scripture to be true and a living letter to God’s children. The Bible, the true story of God’s great deeds has been written down (John 20:31) so that we may believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and so believing, have life in His name. The Holy Scriptures have been given to us historically so that we might come to know the covenanting God and His way of doing things in creation and so that we might be able to obey Him more maturely, as adopted sons and daughters who had lost their way in the world.  More specifically, we hold to the following truths:
- We believe that the Scriptures are the inspired and infallible revelation of God to man which is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
- We believe in one God who is revealed to us in the mysterious union of the Trinity. We believe that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one God yet distinct in function and revelation.
- We believe that God became man when Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
- We believe that Jesus’ substitutionary death provided payment in full for the just demands of a righteous God because the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life.
- We believe in the imminent return of Christ for His church (I Thessalonians 4) upon which will begin the great and terrible day of the Lord (Joel 2; II Peter 3).
- We believe that salvation is a free gift given by a divine act at the moment of genuine repentance and faith in the sacrificial death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that it is imperative for believers to be holy and blameless, and harmless children of God in the midst of a dark world as they persevere and pursue a mature and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We believe that spiritual growth occurs as believers hide God’s Word in their heart and begin to reflect the likeness of Christ. It is essential for believers not to be conformed to this world, but to be transformed through the renewing of the mind so that they might be a light in the midst of darkness.
To summarize, we at Lamplighter believe:
- Sola Scriptura – Scripture alone presents the framework of final authority for faith (doctrine) and practice.
- Sola Gratia – Grace is not only essential, but is God’s exclusive method of redemption.
- Sola Fide – Faith apart from works is the only means of receiving redemption, justification and all other gifts of God.
- Solo Cristo – Only Christ is savior and Lord. There is no saving merit apart from or in addition to Christ’s righteousness and sacrifice. His work is sufficient and complete for accomplishing our redemption and cannot be supplemented with efforts of our own.
- Soli Deo Gloria – To God alone the glory, the only appropriate response, recognizes no other as worthy to receive honor or praise.
Thus, the reason for the existence of Lamplighter Ministries International and Lamplighter Publishing.
 Calvin Seerveld, Rainbows for the Fallen World: Aesthetic Life and Artistic Task (Toronto: Tuppence Press, 1980), 90, 91.