The MISSION of Lamplighter Ministries International is to make ready a people prepared for the Lord by building Christlike character one story at a time. This is accomplished through five primary branches:
1. Lamplighter PUBLISHING began in 1994 and has become a collection of 190 rare books infused with biblical insights and heroic, godly role models to be emulated by young and old. Over three million books are in distribution, now hand-crafted at our own bindery in Mt. Morris, NY.
2. Lamplighter THEATRE brings redemptive hope to the world through dramatic audio. Launched in 2009 and now airing on 1,800 radio stations, our 20 audio dramas reach an estimated 20 million listeners in 29 countries.
3. The Lamplighter GUILD for Creative Disciplines connects master teachers and students of all ages, who desire to cultivate excellence in the visual arts, dramatic arts, entrepreneurial endeavors, and biblical theology. Today, 650 alumni are being influenced through this ongoing apprenticeship program. The educational philosophy behind the Guild also serves as the inspiration for the Lamplighter Academy which will provide students with an opportunity to be mentored in a year-long program focused on the creative arts, biblical theology, and entrepreneurial leadership.
4. The Lamplighter MOMENTS daily devotionals bring a unique biblical perspective on issues related to marriage, parenting, character development, career excellence, and spiritual growth. Today, these two-minute moments are aired on 491 radio stations.
5. Lamplighter SEMINARS offer practical teaching on themes such as redemptive parenting, marriage, character development, and career preparation. Feedback reveals that countless lives have been touched by this timely instruction.
These five branches are governed by a BOARD of trustees, led by the founder and president, Mark Hamby, assisted by an ADVISORY BOARD and PRAYER TEAM, and made possible through a highly skilled and committed STAFF.
Today, Lamplighter Ministries International is funded primarily by book sales, registration fees and charitable giving from our loyal CUSTOMERS and ministry PARTNERS. To grow this ministry, we are depending on God and inviting your partnership.
All gifts to the Lamplighter FUND will be used to publish more books, produce new audio dramas, provide scholarships for Guild students, expand internship training, adapt audio dramas into foreign languages, establish the Lamplighter Academy of Biblical Theology, Creative Arts, and Entrepreneurial Leadership, and extend the outreach of our Moments and Theatre radio broadcasts.
Giving stock, instead of cash, as a donation can greatly benefit both you and Lamplighter Ministries, since if the stock has increased in value from the time of purchase, then you can avoid paying the capital gains tax by donating the stock rather than selling the stock and donating the cash. When the security is being donated to us, the total amount will still be eligible for a tax deduction. Since taxation is avoided on the stock donation, you will be able to make a larger donation. However, if the stock has decreased in value since the time of purchase, you would be better off selling the stock and then donating the cash.
For example, let’s say you were looking to make a $1,000 donation to us. You could either give cash or donate stock. Let’s assume that you bought stock for an original purchase price of $700, but it is now worth $1,128.55. To make it simple, let’s assume capital gains tax is 30% of the stock’s appreciation. Selling the shares for cash would net about $1,000 after capital gains tax (1,128.55 – (1,128.55 – 700)*0.30). In this case, you should be indifferent between donating the entire stock or giving cash, as both choices will cost you $1,000. However, Lamplighter Ministries can receive more benefit from a stock donation, as we will receive a gift valued at $1,128.55, instead of the $1,000 in cash.